6 Months Baby Food Chart and Recipes
When introduce food to Baby :
How to know your baby is ready for solid foods:
- Check Your baby is able to sit on a chair with back support.
- Check Baby’s head & neck are stable.
- Observe Baby can open and close the mouth around a spoon.
- Observe Baby is still hungry after breastfeeding/formula feeding and he /she shows interest in food.
Precautions while you are introducing first solid food to baby:
- Start with fruit pureed, as it’s easy to digest.Start with single food don’t mix up all food ,Give either fruit or grain or vegetables.
- Always follow 3 days-wait-rule.
- That means you must keep a gap of 3 days between two new foods.
- This is the best way to check food allergies in babies.
- Stop feeding that particular food in case of food allergy.
- Always feed solid food to your baby when he is sitting on a chair or in your lap. Don’t feed solid when your baby is lying on his back.
- Baby food must be soft. Add breast milk or formula milk once the food is ready to eat for your baby. (Don’t add breastmilk or formula milk during cooking).
- Start with a very small quantity and slowly increase the portion.
- Weaning food must be a single grain food.
- Always feed freshly cooked food to your baby.
- Don’t feed your baby forcefully. His solid intakes will increase gradually.
- Do not add salt, sugar, honey to your baby’s food.
- Introduce new food when a baby is at home only.
- Introducing solid foods can cause constipation in few babies.
- You should be careful about certain foods while giving to your baby before one year.
- Use stainless steel or glass bowls for preparation and serving food.Don’t use plastic cups or vessels.
- Silver is 100% bacteria free. Hence it’s advisable to give food and drinks for babies in silverware.
- Since it is bacteria free, we don’t need to sterilize it by boiling the bowl in hot water.
- Just a usual wash and a rinse in hot water is enough. It is quite easy to maintain than stainless steel utensils or baby feeding accessories.
- All the medicines and home remedies for babies are supposed to give in a silver ‘paladai’ or ‘sangu’ as it has antibacterial properties.
- Eating in a silver plate has equal benefits of eating in a banana leaf. It can benefit both babies and adults as well.
Foods Which You Can Introduce to Your 6 Months Old Baby:
- Breast milk or formula milk.
- Mashed banana.
- Stewed apple.
- Well steamed and pureed vegetables like carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin , french beans.
- Pulse soup (moong dal ka pani).
- Rice Water (Chawal ka pani).
- Homemade single-grain cereals like rice, barley, oats mixed with breastmilk or formula milk.
- Steamed and pureed fruits like pear, avocado, peach, chikoo.
- You can try the homemade vegetable soup for your baby.
- Introduce water in steel glass or glass not in bottle.
Some More food recipes are :
Apple Carrot puree
Baby’s First Apple Puree
Baby’s first Khichdi
Sweet Potato Porridge
Potato Beans and Pea puree
Sweet Potato with Pumpkin soup
Red lentil and Vegetable Soup
Baby Brown Rice Cereal
Baked Sweet Potato Puree
Pumpkin Thyme Puree
Jowar and Banana Sheera
6 months baby food chart for indian
6 month baby food recipes
six month baby food recipes indian
timetable 6 month baby food
6 month baby food in tamil
six month baby food menu
six month baby food chart in marathi
baby food recipe in malayalam
kannada baby food recipe
telugu baby food recipe
tamil baby food recipe
marathi baby food recipe
bengali baby food recipe
baby food recipe
baby recipe bangla
carrot rice for babies
food chart 1 year old baby
baby food chart for 6 months
2 years baby food chart
baby food chart month by month
In hindi 6 month baby food recipes indian
baby food chart in tamil language
2 years indian baby food chart
9 month baby food indian recipes
baby food recipe for 1 year old
baby food recipes 12-18 months
8 month baby food recipes indian
baby food recipes 9 months
7 month baby food recipes indian
baby food recipes
8 month baby food in hindi
8 months baby food time table