Oats Idli Recipe
Oats idlis are one of the most popular and healthy breakfast recipe.This is a instant idli recipe and does not require any soaking, grinding or fermentation process. Ideal for those who are calorie conscious.oats are rich in minerals, vitamins and proteins.This Low Calorie Oats Idli recipe is ideal for a good breakfast or brunch at home or you can pack this for box as snacks.You can give these soft and nutritious idlis to babies along with veggies.
Main ingredients: Oats
Cuisine: South Indian,Indian
Preparation time:10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Serve: 3 to 4
Level of cooking: Easy
Taste: Eat with chutney
Category: Vegetarian Recipe
1 cup plain oats
½ cup rava / bombay rava / semolina / sooji
1 cup curd
½ cup of water based on quantity add more water
1 carrot (grated)
½ tablespoon mustard seeds
Urad dal of half table spoon
½ tbsp chana dal
Cumin seeds 1/2 table spoon
1 tbsp oil
few coriander leaves( finely chopped)
½ tsp baking soda(optional)
salt to taste
Dry roast the oats for 3 minutes. Roast the oat still they turn become crisp.Allow them to cool and then blend to powder. Don’t make fine powder,keep aside.Prepare the tempering. add 1 tsp of oil. when the oil turn become hot, add mustard seeds, urad dal,cumin seeds, chana dal,Saute till they splutter.Fry the grated carrot for a minute.Then add half cup of semolina / sooji,and roast for 2 minutes or till they turn fragrant.Cool down the mixture completely before you add curd.In a Bowl take the roasted sooji and oats powders (you can store this dry idli batter for one week without adding curd and veggies)and salt. mixup them well.Now add cup of curd.add water if required and mix well.Prepare batter by adding water to get idli batter consistency.Add some chopped coriander leaves and soak the batter for 10 – 15 minutes.
Grease idli mould with oil. Pour idli batter in the holes.keep the cashew nut and Pour some water(approximately 2 cups) in Pressure cooker/rice cooker squeeze 2 to 3 drops of lime juice.Place the idli moulds in rice cooker,Cook for 20 minutes and remove outside,serve hot with chutney.
- If you dont roast oats and rava idlis will become sticky.
- If you don’t have sour curd don’t worry add some drops of lime juice.
- You can add more veggies which you like.
- Always cook idlis in medium flame don’t cook idlis in low flame or in high flame.
- You can make dry idli mixture to store for about a week.
- For above preparation while preparing batter you can also add vegetables and curd to make instant idlis.
- If your adding baking soda,after adding baking soda do not let it sit for more time.
- Add eno salt or baking soda before cooking only, If you are cooking idlis in two batches make two different bowls of batter and make half part of eno salt(½ table spoon) add half part in 1st batch and add half part to second batch of batter.
Nutrition values and calories of Oats Idli Recipe:
instant idli recipe with idli rava
instant rava idli recipe
rava idli without eno or baking soda
instant idli without curd
how to make quick idli batter
instant idli with idli rava
oats idli for babies
oats idli recipe without rava