Paneer kheer recipe/ paneer payasam /paneer dessert recipes it is one of the quick and easy, milk based creamy dessert recipe prepared within 15 minutes. it can be served either warm or chilled and mixed with vanilla ice cream. the texture and taste has a strong resemblance to basundi or rabri but still has a unique flavour of crumbled paneer. paneer payasam is typically garnished and served with fried dry fruits like almonds and cashews with some raisin toppings.
How to Make Paneer kheer Recipe:
Preparation Time: 10 mins and soaking time
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Serves: 4 servings
Cuisine: Indian,North Indian
Course: Desserts And Sweets
Category: Vegetarian Recipe
Level of cooking: Easy
Taste: Nutty and so delicious
1½ tsp ghee
1 tbsp raisins
3 cups milk full cream
¼ cup sugar
½ cup paneer / cottage cheese crumbled
¼ tsp cardamom powder
In a large kadai/vessel heat add ghee and roast cashews, raisins until golden brown.keep aside.
In a pan add milk and stir well.get the milk to boil keeping the flame on medium stirring occasionally.simmer for 5 minutes or till the milk thickens slightly.further add sugar and crumbled paneer. mix well.
boil for 3 minutes or till the paneer gets cooked well completely.add in cardamom powder and stir well.switch off flame and serve paneer kheer hot or cold garnished with few dry fruits.This kheer is also known as chena kheer. This kheer can be stored in refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
- Paneer kheer made using condensed milk and paneer.condensed milk can be substituted with thick almond milk skip sugar,if you use condensed milk.
- kheer can be taste good with pooris also.
- Use fresh homemade paneer for more flavours.
- Paneer kheer stays good for a week when stored in refrigerator.
- You can add dry fruits of your choice to make it more healthy.
- Adjust the consistency of kheer by adding more milk.
- You can add deseeded dates also for variation.
Paneer can be given to babies above 8 months of age.This Paneer Kheer can be given to kids above 1 year as it uses milk in the Recipe.If you give this recipe to children add dry fruits powder.And add deseeded dates.
Benefits of Paneer for children:
- Paneer is the richest source of proteins, with 100 g of paneer yielding about 18 g of protein.
- Paneer is rich in calcium and helps in teeth and bone development.
- Paneer Rich in Protein,Cheese Strengthen Bones And Teeth, Maintains Blood Sugar Levels,Good For Heart Health,Improves Digestion.
- Panneer Rich Source Of Folate,Boosts Weight Loss.