Sabudana Ladoo-Tapioca Pearls Laddu
Quick and healthy gluten free Sabudana ladoos prepared with Tapioca pearls and desiccated coconut.The sabudana ladoo is a delicious combination of ground dry roasted sabudana and cashew nuts with a mind-blowing flavor of desiccated coconuts.This ladoo is very easy to make even in the last minute.This is one of the Navratri Vrat fasting recipe.
How to Make Sabudana Ke Laddu Recipe:
Preparation Time: 20 mins and soaking time
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 9 servings
Cuisine: Indian,North Indian
Course: Desserts And Sweets
Category: Vegetarian Recipe
Level of cooking: Easy
Taste: Nutty and so delicious
1 cup Sabudana/Sago Pearls/Tapioca pearls
1/4 cup Crumbled Khoya/Mawa(Optional)
1/2 cup Desiccated unsweetened Coconut
1/2 cup Superfine Sugar
1/3 cup Mixed nuts – chopped pistachios and almonds,cashews
3 – 4 tbsp Ghee
Dry roast sago in low flame.Roast until it becomes golden and puffs up a bit, it will take at least 20 mins.Cool it and grind to a fine powder,transfer to mixing bowl.Now add a tsp of ghee and fry broken cashews until golden brown,transfer to mixing bowl.Powder it fine,transfer to mixing bowl.Mix well.Now add ghee little by little and keep mixing.Lightly roast the coconut for 2 to 3 mins.(No need to brown the coconut).add into mixing bowl.Add Crumbled khoya aslo into mixing bowl.And also cardamom powder.
Melt the ghee and pour into mixing bowl.Mix well with spatula or wooden spoon.The mixture is stlity warm or hot make small balls with hands.You can choose to roll them in dry desiccated coconut,chopped pistachios and almonds.These sabudana laddus are ready to serve.
- Do not add the ghee fully, add little by little keep mixing then shape and see.
- If you add more ghee it will be overpowering and the texture of the ladoo will change.
- Roasting sago is a very important step here, do it in low flame with patience as it takes time.May be you can increase the flame to low medium but not above that.
- You can add other nuts and dry fruits of your choice.
- The white sago variety is only suitable for this ladoo, do not use nylon sago.
- Sabudana ladoos can be stored for one week in an airtight container.