Food and Beverage (f&b) Cost Controller:
Position : Food & Beverage Cost Controller
Job Group : Food & Beverage
Place of Work : Food and Beverage
Division : Food and Beverage
Responsible To : Food & Beverage Manager/Hotel Financial Controller (FC)
Responsible For :
All other Food and Beverage Employees
Food and Beverage Cost Controller Responsibilities:
Food and Beverage cost controller primarily responsible for calculating costs of food and beverage items and also responsible for the short and long-term planning of the f&B controlling and pricing aspects.Additionally responsible to record information and produce control reports periodically to help maintain a suitable inventory of food and beverage items for the entire hotel. He/she also changes the price of menus items based on the costing information they collect and also actively take part in engineering the menu in terms of the pricing.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Food and beverage controllers must have strong problem-solving skills to be effective.They must possess excellent negotiation skills to negotiate the best prices and deals with vendors.
- They also need good organizing skills to arrange and maintain records of available stocks effectively.
- Monitors the performance of all departments, particularly food and beverage through the efficient maintenance of control procedures established by management.
- Maintains database like Update and maintain receipts into the systems (FMC).
- F & B controller Able to effectively control the Food & Beverage Cost.
- Check and verify voids in the POS systems.
- Check and verify discounts on the POS systems.
- Check and verify any happy hours discounts.
- Check and verify all complimentary sales in POS systems.
- Check and verify all staff meals and staff discounts.
- Check and verify all Package meals.
- Check and verify all settlements done on the POS system.
- Check and cross verify if all sales have been transferred correctly to the Property Management systems (PMS).
- Check and verify for any lost postings.
- Check the cost of sales in all F&B outlets and ensure that the costs are within budget.
- Check the menu pricing on the POS systems and ensure the correct prices are loaded.
- Check the restaurant and bar checks on daily.
- Check the complimentary and confirm that all are approved.
- Control the Food and Beverage outlets in terms of wastage, pilferage and efficiency.
- Prepare variance analysis for food & beverage and communicating with relevant parties.
- Liaises with purchasing team as well as chefs to ensure accurate costing for food and beverage.
- Ensures accurate preparation of all paperwork associated with the movement of all food and liquor stocks to outlets
- Monitors food and beverage performance through analysis of daily food covers, sales and cost reports
- Undertakes stock takes and produces food and liquor stock summaries Controls food and beverage budget expense lines.
- Daily Import of Micros Sales to Materials Control system.
- Tally all end of shift reports generated from all POS tills.
- Continuously study weaknesses in F&B control implemented at the Hotel and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Takes a proactive approach to activity concerned by Cost Control, anticipating potential opportunities.
- Develops service enhancements and monitor change in a financial environment.
- Delivers to tight deadlines.
- Keeps abreast of newest trends and innovations in the hospitality industry.
- Check the daily Food & Beverage revenues report submitted by the income audit for the accuracy of covers and average check.
- Responsible for linking the articles and Recipes in Material Control.
- Responsible for preparing daily Food and Beverage Report and distribute to management.
- Responsible for monthly F&B Report and distribute to management.
- Responsible for surprise spot checks at all F&B outlets.
- Prepare Duty Drinks and management report and confirm that this is as per entitlement.
- Prepare the daily and monthly cost report department in relation to cost of sales.
- Prepare daily staff meal cost report.
- Participate in stock taking at the restaurants.
- Spot check on the receiving department to ensure that the scales are correct and goods are checked for quality.
- Check and ensure that no material is issued out from the store without requisition or approval from the respective department head.
- Check and ensure all menu items have a recipe.
- Coordinate with restaurant management and finance to sort out issues pertaining to F&B.
- Update selling prices in POS as per the instruction from authorised persons.
- Maintain the security of the information held by the department.
- Responsible to maintain the Menu Pricing, Consumption and POS systems.
- Any other tasks as and when required by the management.