Cooked Rice Idli Soft and Fluffy Idli with Leftover Rice
This is an Cooked Rice Idli makes with Leftover Rice,leftover rice makes these idlis ultra soft, fluffy and light. these idlis are much softer than usual idli.A soft, spongy and healthy Indian breakfast with Boiled left overrice.Find the complete Recipe on www.foodbheem.com
Main ingredients: Rice
Cuisine: South Indian
Preparation time:45 min
Cooking time: 15 mins
Serve: 3 to 4
Level of cooking: Easy
Category: Vegetarian Recipe
2 cups Idli rice or Idli Rava
1 cup urad dal
Hand full of Flattered Rice
½ tsp menthe / fenugreek seeds
1 cup cooked rice
salt as required
water for soaking and grinding
oil to grease
Take a big bowl and add cooked leftover rice, poha and Idli rice or Idli Rava to it.Add salt, yogurt and 1 cup water to it. Set aside for 30 minutes.After 30 minutes, add the mix to the high speed blender. Add water and make a fine paste of dropping consistency.Set it aside for 10 minutes.Add salt before making Idlis.
Grease idli mould with oil. Pour idli batter in the holes. Place in a steamer, and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat. Leave to cool down slightly. Open steamer, and remove idli from the moulds. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
Using rice cooker:
Grease idli mould with oil. Pour idli batter in the holes.Pour some water(approximately 2 cups) in rice cooker squeeze 2 to 3 drops of lime juice.Place the idli moulds in rice cooker,Cook for 20 minutes and remove outside,serve hot with chutney.
Apply oil on the microwave idli container and pour idli batter into the moulds.Set the microwave for 3 minutes on medium power.When the idlis are prepared, with a help of a knife/Spoon,remove them from the microwave idli container and transfer in a serving bowl,serve hot with chutney.
- You can use sona masuri rice or basmati rice Instead of Idli rice.
- Don’t steam the idli more than 15 mins, or it will dry up.
- Use an air-tight container for storing the batter.However, since it makes use of cooked rice, it is not advisable to keep the fermented batter for more than a day or two.
- If you want to make fremnate the batter ,fermentation process takes around 8 hours leave the batter for 8 to 9 hrs.
- Add in salt to required batter only. the remaining batter you can store in a airtight container and refrigerate.Batter consistency ,The batter should not be runny or too thick. Think more like a free flowing pancake batter.
- To make sure that the idli is cooked, insert a toothpick in the idlis. If the batter comes out clean, then the idli has been properly cooked.
- For more fiber, use brown rice instead of white rice – brown rice does create a grainier texture and turns idlis tan rather than their usual white color.
- In boiler/cooker ,Water should not touch idli pans plate otherwise idlis on lower plate may become soggy.
- If you are using pressure cooker do not forget to remove the weight.
- If your adding baking soda,after adding baking soda do not let it sit for more time.add eno salt/baking soda before cooking only, If your cooking idlis in two batches make two different bowls batter and make half part of eno salt(½ tbsp) add half part in 1st batch and add half part to second batch.
Nutrition values and calories of leftover rice or cooked rice Idli:
how to make idli from cooked rice recipe
instant cooked rice idli
leftover rice recipes
leftover rice snacks recipes