Instant Poha Idli Recipe Aval Idli Recipe
The super soft, super fluffy Poha Idli is sure to steal your hearts! You will find that the batter for this idli is very easy.This very healthy breakfast.you can serve this food for babies also.Everyone can enjoy this recipe,even you can pack this is for lunch box also for kids,toddlers.you can use both flattered rice either thick or thin.It does not needs fermentation.Try this Poha Idli Recipe/ Aval Idli Recipe as Breakfast or dinner.Amang Idlis.
Cuisine: Indian ,South Indian,Tamil Nadu
Preparation time:20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serve: 3 to 4
Level of cooking: Easy
Taste: Eat with chutney
Category: Vegetarian Recipe
1 cup beaten rice / poha / avalakki (thick / thin variety )
1½ cup rice rava / idli rava
2 cup sour curd
pinch of baking soda / eno fruit salt
2 tablespoons of Urad dal (optional)
water as required
salt to taste
oil to grease idli moulds
Heat the pan and fry the urad dal in low or medium flame.stir it and add poha roast it for few minutes nice aroma will come outside stop the flame and keep aside till it become cool.Transfer into grinder jar make fine flour.Take in a bowl and add rava,salt and add sour curd mix them gently.add water if required make smooth batter without lumps.Make thick batter like Idli Batter.Keep aside.
Grease idli mould with oil. Pour idli batter in the holes. Place in a steamer, and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat. Leave to cool down slightly. Open steamer, and remove idli from the moulds. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
Using rice cooker:
Grease idli mould with oil. Pour idli batter in the holes.Pour some water(approximately 2 cups) in rice cooker squeeze 2 to 3 drops of lime juice.Place the idli moulds in rice cooker,Cook for 20 minutes and remove outside,serve hot with chutney.
Apply oil on the microwave idli container and pour idli batter into the moulds.Set the microwave for 3 minutes on medium power.When the idlis are prepared, with a help of a knife/Spoon,remove them from the microwave idli container and transfer in a serving bowl,serve hot with chutney.
- You can use buttermilk also.
- You can skip baking soda / eno fruit salt but leave the batter for 30 minutes.
- If your adding baking soda,after adding baking soda do not let it sit for more time.add eno salt/baking soda before cooking only, If your cooking idlis in two batches make two different bowls batter and make half part of eno salt(½ tbsp) add half part in 1st batch and add half part to second batch.
- You can use 3 to 4 tablespoons of urad dal flour instead of urad dal.
- If you are using thick poha, grind to a coarse powder in a mixie. Then wash and soak it.
Nutrition values and calories of Poha Idli: