Sabudana Idli | Sago Idli recipe | Sabakki Idli Recipe | Javvarisi Idli
Sabudana idli, sabakki idli, sago idli, javvarisi idli recipe is a Karnataka recipe prepared with sago and idli rava and curd combination.sabudana idli is very quick and easy recipe. Find the complete Recipe on www.foodbheem.com
Main ingredients: Sabudana
Cuisine: South Indian
Preparation time:45 min
Cooking time: 15 mins
Serve: 3 to 4
Level of cooking: Easy
Category: Vegetarian Recipe
½ cup sabudana / sago / javvarisi / sabbakki(small type)
1 cup idli rava / rice rava
2 cups curd /Yogurt ( preferably sour or can use buttermilk too)
1-2 cup water add as per required
salt to taste
¼ tsp baking soda (optional)
1/4 Cup grated coconut(optional)
16 cashews whole / half
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
8 – 10 Cashews Broken
2 Green Chilli ( finely chopped)
Coriander leaves ( finely chopped)
6-7 Curry Leaves ( finely chopped)
1-2 tsp Oil
Take rice rava and sabudana in a bowl.Wash well and drain completely. Add curd,water and salt.Mix to the mixture well.Keep this mixture covered in a warm place overnight or for 6 – 8 hours.In the morning, you will notice that the rava and sago have drunk all the liquid and the batter is dry. If so, add about 1/2 a cup of water and bring to the idli batter consistency.Prepare seasoning by spluttering mustard seeds in oil.Add cashews and fry till brown.Add green chilli ,curry leaves and fry for few seconds.Pour this tempering on batter.Add grated coconut and coriander leaves. Mix well.If you want , add baking soda now and mix. Sabudana idli batter is ready to steam.
Grease idli mould with oil. Pour idli batter in the holes.keep the cashews on the batter. Place in a steamer, and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat. Leave to cool down slightly. Open steamer, and remove idli from the moulds. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
Using rice cooker:
Grease idli mould with oil. Pour idli batter in the holes.keep the cashews on the batter.Pour some water(approximately 2 cups) in rice cooker squeeze 2 to 3 drops of lime juice.Place the idli moulds in rice cooker,Cook for 20 minutes and remove outside,serve hot with chutney.
Apply oil on the microwave idli container and pour idli batter into the moulds.keep the cashews on the batter.Set the microwave for 3 minutes on medium power.When the idlis are prepared, with a help of a knife/Spoon,remove them from the microwave idli container and transfer in a serving bowl,serve hot with chutney.
- Batter consistency ,The batter should not be runny or too thick. Think more like a free flowing pancake batter.
- To make sure that the idli is cooked, insert a toothpick in the idlis. If the batter comes out clean, then the idli has been properly cooked.
- If your adding baking soda,after adding baking soda do not let it sit for more time.add eno salt/baking soda before cooking only, If your cooking idlis in two batches make two different bowls batter and make half part of eno salt(½ tbsp) add half part in 1st batch and add half part to second batch.
- You want to make it while fasting or you don’t have rice rava , you can make these idlis using with upma rava.
- To make it more healthy, to the batter you can add grated carrot,peas,dill leaves veggies which you like.
- you can optionally, add tempering of mustard seeds and green chilli to make it slightly spicy.
- also make sure to soak the sabudana for 8 hours or at least 1 hour with enough curd and water.
sabudana idli for fast
sabudana idli in hindi
javvarisi idli recipe in tamil
upvas idli recipe in marathi
make sabudana dosa/idli
sabudana idli in tamil